Your role will include:
• Managing the mechanical and electrical engineering parts of multi-disciplined engineering projects.
• Providing mechanical designs in support of tenders and projects.
• Providing technical guidance on mechanical matters.
• Keeping abreast of technological developments.
• Providing support to M&E site works and attending factory tests and inspections.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Degree or HND qualified.
• Able to provide guidance on the machinery directive and the pressure equipment directive.
• Able to independently undertake mechanical design works, including single line diagrams / schematics, pipe sizing and pump selection, fan / AHU selection and duct sizing, plant layouts and control philosophies.
• Ideally have experience of clean water and waste water treatment, hydraulic system design and mechanical handling.
• Able to undertake independent research consulting standards, journals and books.
• Capable of writing concise and clear reports.
• Familiar with and able to use the Microsoft suite of office programmes, AutoCAD and Plant 3D (training will be provided).
• Strong communication and organisational skills.
• Be prepared for the occasional night/s away and brief periods on site.