This company has been awarded enabling works for High Speed Two. Delivering the essential early works will include archaeology, site clearance and setting up construction compounds – ahead of the start of the main civil engineering work.
The £900 million enabling works contracts cover the whole of Phase One, from London to Birmingham and the connection to the West Coast Main line at Handsacre in Staffordshire.
Main purpose of role:
The project planner is a senior member of the project team and is responsible for programming, production control, project controls reporting, feedback and mitigation measures. Must also be able to lead, delegate, motivate and train junior team members where required.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide leadership for the planning and coordination processes.
- Provide production control/ PROMOS
- To implement and maintain the requirements of the Work Package Strategy.
- Ensure that all programmes are compliant with the client’s requirements.
- Develop and agree by collaboration a logical sequence of events ensuring that the most economical / advantageous reporting strategy is adopted.
- Analyse performance and advise the project team of likely impact and recommend improvements.
- Ensure that any recommended improvements are communicated.
- Provide leadership, support and training, and contribute to career development.
- Co-ordinate for stakeholders, partners and supply chain all time related information.
- Represent the project / business with all stakeholders.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the project / business.
- Develop and feedback process improvement.
- Proactive interaction with other departments
- Assist junior team members to develop and progress
- Uphold and act in accordance with Company values and principles
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
- Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
- Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals