Project Planning Manager – South West England
We are currently seeking to recruit a senior planning professional to support the project management team by managing the delivery of an efficient and effective planning, scheduling and project performance reporting function on the project.
Your key activities will include:
• Manage the development of detail within an existing programme.
• Manage change, and the monitoring and review of progress within the working programme.
• Resource and cost load programmes, and coach / support others.
• Introduce and evaluate risk in programmes, and coach / support others.
• Manage the production and communication of programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs, and coach / support others.
• Establish & maintain internal / external project controls reporting, and coach others.
• Undertake checks for programme robustness, and coach / support others.
• Coach and mentor others in use of planning software.
• Manage the use of short term programmes.
• Manage the evaluation of supply chain programmes.
• Undertake analytical assessment of programmes, and coach / support others.
• Comply with business procedures and systems, and coach / support others.
• Facilitate effective working relationships and influence decision making.
• Manage the collection and distribution of feedback.
• Develop and manage 4D programmes, and coach / support others.
• Prepare internal reports.
• Contribute to the preparation and delivery of training.
• Undertake entitlement analysis.
• Undertake planning audits and peer reviews.
• Support recruitment and manage staff development.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience as a Senior Project Planning Engineer, on a range of Civil Engineering projects.
• ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred); additional qualifications in planning desirable.
• A broad experience of a wide range of civil engineering construction, with a good knowledge of construction methods and typical production rates and a sound commercial understanding.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
• Proven skills in planning software, principally P6.
• A thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and experience in coaching others.
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
• Knowledge on all matters relating to safety and environmental procedures.