Company Location Sydney, Australia
Apply to Tunnel Engineer at John Holland CPB Contractors Ghella (JHCPBG) - Sydney Metro TSE Works
Are you an experienced tunnelling professional looking to excel your career?
The NSW Government awarded a $2.81 billion contract to deliver twin 15.5km tunnels and associated civil works on Stage 2 of the Sydney Metro project – Australia’s biggest public transport project. The project will transform the City of Sydney helping to Improve mobility, ease congestion and will create new business opportunities.
The scope of work includes:
- Twin 15.5-kilometre tunnels from Chatswood to Sydenham travelling under Sydney Harbour and the CBD using five tunnel boring machines (TBMs).
- 57 cross passages approximately every 240 metres between the tunnels and a temporary access shaft at Blues Point.
- Tunnel dive structures at Chatswood and Marrickville.
- Excavation of six new underground metro stations at Crows Nest, Victoria Cross, Barangaroo, Martin Place, Pitt Street and Waterloo.
- A crossover cavern at Barangaroo to allow trains to cross from one track to another.
- Design and manufacture of about 99,000 precast concrete segments to line the tunnels.
- Demolition and removal of existing buildings on the construction sites.
About the role:
Key accountabilities include;
To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following;
JHCPBG understand that our greatest resource is our people and promote a culture where ‘Exceptional is Standard’. We pride ourselves on being a market leader in targeting training, career development and remuneration. We provide long-term career options within an equal opportunity workplace where we recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Apply directly to the company