Apply now Job no: 989087
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Location: Aus - Melbournea
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Role
Construction is well underway in many areas of the project and throughout 2019 we will begin construction across many more work fronts. CPBJH JV has already employed some of the best construction talent in the industry but, as work continues to ramp up, we still require more personnel with the drive, innovation and attitude to join the amazing team that has made this project a success to date.
As we move forward, we are looking for Project Engineers to join teams across the project. We are interested in hearing from highly skilled and experienced Civil and Structural Construction Engineers with experience working in teams to deliver highly technical and challenging road and bridge projects.
To check out what you could be building on our mega-infrastructure project visit westgatetunnelproject.vic.gov.au and follow our CPBJH JV LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/cpbjh-jv/ to see information about specific roles as they become available.
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Building Construction or equivalent. Post-graduate qualifications are an advantage.
- Proven bridge structures experience with precast girders and preferably 5-8 years post graduate experience.
- Proven forecasting and budget management (management of >$5m work scope), EOM Process, Cost Tracking skills
- Proven commercial experience particularly in the development of procurement packages
- Demonstrated programming skills with experience in multi-discipline interfaces
- Proven Temporary Works experience
- Design development experience
- Proven leadership skills and experience in the management of engineering teams
- Extensive technical background in concrete structures – in-situ concrete, precast, piling, formwork/falsework, post-tensioning
- Demonstrated experience in management of Tier 3 Contractors in delivery of structures work scope
- Safety, environmental and quality focus in project delivery
- AutoCAD skills are a desirable
- Administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications
- Assist with the preparation of site construction budgets and reports
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Project engineer
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects
- Contribute to improvements to existing designs
- Participate in the letting of tenders
- Demonstrate financial management skills and commercial acumen.
- Assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards
- Execute working knowledge of contractual and legislation relevant to the project
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes
- Use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by engaging with subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.