GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER [LONDON]
Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Engineer
Working on major projects such as HS2, Bank Station Capacity Upgrade, Thames Tideway and many international projects, Dr Sauer & Partners is a leading underground and geotechnical specialist and has a passion for perfection, a dedication to quality and a commitment to innovation. Our company ethos and objective are to continuously discover better ways of solving a project’s most technical issues and we look for individuals who can work efficiently across our teams to deliver technical excellence to our clients.
Purpose of the role:
The Geotechnical Engineer is an integral part of the design team and is required to carry out a number of diverse engineering tasks.
Responsibilities and duties:
The Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for the timely production of key deliverables from designs, drawings and complex analyses under guidance from our senior team members. There will be involvement in the tendering process of future key design projects in the UK and overseas plus opportunities for site experience. The principal duties are:
- Evaluating ground conditions and obtaining rock and soil parameters from geotechnical investigation reports.
- Performing geotechnical analysis including foundation and tunnel design, slope stability and ground movement assessment.
- Early development of excavation sequences.
- Setting up numerical models and design sketches.
- Drafting technical notes and design reports
- Producing CAD sketches for the communication of the design principles with the CAD team.
- Developing Bill of Quantities, design and construction programmes, resourse schedules and other support documents.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum of a Master Degree in Geotechnical or similar.
- Experience gained from multiple design projects.
- Thorough working knowledge and excellent understanding of geotechnical engineering.
- Experience gained on projects of FE Analyses, calculation reports and production of design packages.
- Excellent English language, representation, organisation and communication skills.
- A strong interest and passion in tunnelling is advantageous
Training and Development:
Dr. Sauer & Partners values the professional career development of our staff members and we aim to provide them with the technical and managerial expertise they will require throughout their career. Our training and development package includes ongoing on the job mentoring, support throughout professional chartership, attendance of technical conferences as well as bespoke training courses and overseas work opportunities.
Please submit your application and resume to our office in Surbiton, UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.