Bedi Consulting is a boutique, specialist geotechnical and tunnel engineering consultant, working principally on challenging underground construction projects. We focus primarily on detailed design of various tunnelling and underground infrastructure schemes in the UK and overseas. The projects vary in size from utility tunnels to major transportation tunnels in both rock and soft ground.
The ideal candidate will be a high-calibre Tunnel/Geotechnical Design Engineer, with proven experience in heavy civils, shaft and tunnel design. The candidate will be working in a small team in a growing company, focussing on technical and specialist design.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading the full design process from ideation to production. You will draw new designs and update current designs. Work will include:
- Detailed design and analysis of structures, shafts, tunnels including the preparation of work for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate
- Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
- Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
- Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
- Coordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferably Chartered, but not essential, with MICE or MIStructE., with 3+ yrs experience.
- Must have strong geotechnical knowledge and tunnelling experience preferably with SCL and bored tunnels
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills with a desire to develop in to a technical specialist.
- Working knowledge of CAD preferred
- Must have strong analytical skills, and proficiency in Excel. Preferably experienced in VBA.
- Be familiar with UK standards and equivalent Eurocodes
- Willing to work with senior engineers to produce detailed design drawings, interacting with the team to achieve the best solution.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced working environment
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.