Reporting operationally to the TBM segment sub-agent. The role is for a person responsible for all segments production and related activities and tasks across Area West.
- Responsible person for initial pre-production approvals, initial trails, and full-scale segment production covering quality, fabrication and liaison with the supplier.
- Liaison with functional internal functional support – Safety, Quality Engineer.
- Ensure coordination SCS logistics team / supplier for all logistics and safe delivery of segments from pre-cast factory to TBM site storage with associated documentation.
- Review and report on subcontractor production outputs, Factory (mould & carousel), batching plant, storage yard condition / maintenance requirements to ensure fit to meet production.
- Review monthly reports safety, quality and production.
Quality and technical assurance:
- Ensure verification and completion all relevant of ITP’s / CKL’s in accordance with the Works Information and technical assurance.
- Review quality processes and procedures prepared by segment manufacturer subcontractor
- Ensure all the appropriate test/trials have been undertaken and approved prior to production commencement
- Quality reviews to monitor production
- Liaising with the SCS materials department to ensure the subcontractors proposals comply with testing requirements and certifications
- Manage, review and certify the segment repair process
- Establish and control tracking to fulfill SCS technical assurance commitments and all documentation, required during manufacture and post- production
- Verification of all certification in accordance to ITP and technical assurance
- Ensure all repairs and NCR’s promptly closed out.
- Overall ownership of all handover production records and integration into as built
- Ensure safe and organized storage of rings and numbers available for shipment.
- Understand the Client and Joint Venture Partners’ Environment and Sustainability Policies, Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are implemented on the project.
- Assist in implementing lean manufacturing ideas and drive innovation and efficiency improvements
Required qualifications, skills, behaviors and attributes
- 10 years of experience in segments manufacture.
- Experience in handling and management of subcontractors and suppliers in all aspects.
- Knowledge in reinforced concrete construction- particular focus on pre-cast.
- Experience of working with designers and material department to ensure material and testing regimes meet the required segment specification.
- Ability to work with logistics and construction teams to ensure correct segment delivery and manufacture to specified requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be hands on with strong change environment nature, ability to embed Continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure Health and safety and quality is at the forefront on daily activity.
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
You’ll be a welcomed member of the wider team, with opportunities to take on additional responsibility, join one of our networks for women, military or LGBT+ staff, and participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador).
Your personal and professional development is important to us. We welcome a discussion about how we can support you with further study, or professional membership or attainment for example.
HS2 – working with Skanska, Costain and STRABAG, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we require candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous and we will not share any of your data with other parties. All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2.
It is an SCSJV requirement that all employees, Design House, and Supply Chains must implement and comply with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System with guidance for use”, OHSAS 18001:2017 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management System, Policies, Plans, Procedures and Processes, and statutory requirements as they affect the Joint Venture ‘s operations and ensure that the requirements, as applicable within their discipline, are effectively implemented on the project. Develop a culture of safety on the project through the absolute commitment to the Zero Accidents target and ethos, and develops a wider awareness of quality, environmental issues and demonstrates commitment to achieve continual improvement and Zero tolerance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Project and Field Engineering