Tunnel Fitter specialised in spray concrete lining (SCL)
- Post Date:May 4, 2021
- Apply Before: July 4, 2021
- Views 150
The Tunnelling division of iPS have been operating in the market serving our clients worldwide since the late 1990’s. As a result the projects of our department can vary a lot. We work with mechanised tunnelling, utilising Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM) for road, rail and water tunnels. In the upcoming months, the project demand is increasing and therefore we are looking for new skilled SCL Fitter. If you want to work within the tunnel industry as a Tunnel Fitter, you are in the best place!
- As a Tunnel Fitter you will be a key member of the sprayed concrete lining (SCL) team working alongside sprayers, electricians and under the supervision of the SCL Superintendent. Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Follow prescribed planned maintenance schedule, along with as fault finding and repairs.
- Able to maintain, inspect and repair all equipment in-line with recognised procedures and processes.
- Complete relevant repairs and checks, with all necessary administration and record keeping.
- Ensure all equipment is running correctly and efficiently on the sprayed concrete lining machinery to reduce downtime.
- Work within a production orientated environment.
- UK / Irish nationality or UK work permit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on tunnel construction projects;
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent Apprenticeship;
- Valid CSCS Blue card;
- IPAF is preferred;
- Safety Critical Medical (preferred);
- Experience in sprayed concrete lining.
What we offer
- Long term opportunities;
- Full time job, minimum 10 hours per shift;
- You will earn a competitive salary;
- Before, during and after the project we will support you with any issue.
If you’re interested please apply below. If a match occurs we will contact you directly. In case you have any questions feel free to reach us at 0800-756-2422!
Related Jobs (6)
TBM Grout and Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator on May 4, 2021 Project Based