Tunnelling Electrical Supervisor
Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture require some Electrical expertise to join our team at West Ruislip for HS2 (High Speed Two) Ltd. The Tunnelling Electrical Supervisor will be involved with project planning, designing and installation of Low and High voltage electrical systems for both surface and underground operations to facilitate the operation of the Willesden Euro Terminal, Atlas Road, Old Oak Common, Flat Iron and Victoria road Crossover Box sites
This role will support the senior works manager/works superintendent to coordinate the safe delivery of all operational activities on site, ensuring Health and Safety, Quality and Environment needs are met along with programme and budget requirements
You will take the lead with front line supervisors from HS2 and the supply chain to ensure our values are built into their culture and our objectives are achieved, this includes helping them to develop throughout the contract.
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Responsible for authorising electrical personnel.
- Responsible for setting up PPM and inspection/testing regimes.
- Design, planning, procurement and installation of all surface and tunnelling electrical distribution systems and plant including TBMs.
- Liaison with the Site Management teams to ensure programme dates are met and budget maintained
- Ensure the coordination of and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients’ team.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
The Ideal Candidate
- JIB Graded Technician with 18th Edition and ECS.
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering principles
- In depth experience and expertise in the construction industry, especially in the tunnelling sector. Fully conversant with all tunnelling and construction plant.
- Fully competent in the reading of circuit diagrams, electrical fault finding
- Experience working and operations of PLC systems and VFD’s
- Electricity at work Regulations
- Underground comms systems
- Control equipment for AC and DC motors
- Cranes, gantries, hoists and generator standby supplies
- Setting up and running site electrical ppm schemes
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Good IT Proficiency (Outlook, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel)
- City & Guilds Construction Certificate
- A Senior Authorised person working on the distribution of voltages up to 11KV.
About the Company
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
The Skanska | Costain | STRABAG (SCS JV) is delivering the HS2 Main Civils Contracts which include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply using this link https://jobsearch.scsrailways.co.uk/jobs/job/Electrical-Tunnel-Supervisor/618