Tunnelling Project Manager at CPB Contractors – M6
The CPB Contractors, Ghella & UGL joint venture has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $2.6bn M6 Stage 1 project. The project will deliver the missing link from Sydney’s south to the wider Sydney motorway network making journeys easier, faster and safer. It will remove more than 2,000 trucks a day from surface roads and help return local streets to local communities.
With work scheduled to commence in late 2021, the M6 Stage 1 project scope includes the construction of twin four-kilometre tunnels and associated works, linking the M8 Motorway at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah.
We are seeking applications from experienced Tunnelling Project Managers to join the team at the M6 Stage 1 project. Reporting to the Tunnelling Director, this role will be accountable for leading the delivery of the tunnel excavation at the ‘West Botany Street Depot Site’ near the southern end of the project.
The key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and implement a positive safety culture across the project
- Verify the implementation and monitoring of all safety procedures on site
- Lead formal and informal safety inspections on site, and that all team members conduct routine hazard inspections and rectify / report as required
- Coordinate construction input into design with regard to constructability and impact on cost, time and contract requirements
- Oversee the development and implementation of construction methods on site in consultation with the Senior Engineers and Superintendent
- Develop the requirements of the project program with the project Planning Manager and Tunnel Engineering Manager
- Test and verify field production progress against budget quantities and cost and develop forecasting of final cost monthly
- Provide accurate monthly measure of works done for use in Progress Claims and assessment of subcontractor claims
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers regularly to ensure constructive relationships and positive project outcomes
- Monitor and manage the delivery of suppliers and subcontractors’ services to the project
- Develop a ‘One Team’ culture so that site teams cooperate and integrate effectively
- Ensure team members are clear on their responsibilities – provide regular feedback to ensure effective performance and develop team members for succession opportunities
- Ensure project team members are fully aware of community, environment, quality and HR requirements and hold team to account in these areas
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Bachelor of Civil or Mining Engineering
- Typically 10+ years’ experience in an engineering position, including leadership experience, for varied tunnelling construction methods.
- Experience working on a major infrastructure project, with demonstrated capability to manage interfaces across multiple sites
- Outstanding interpersonal, liaison, networking, team and individual leadership skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- A strong commercial focus with demonstrated business acumen
- Relationship management, conflict management and resolution and problem-solving expertise
- A commitment to developing and maintaining a culture of high performance that consistently delivers results and behaviour that exceed expectations
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.